Nutrition Classes: Each will have a Practice and Reflection at the end of the class.
1) Eating for Health - A new system, not another diet, eating for health guidelines, meet your nutrition heroes and nutrition bandits.
2) Lean Protein and Clean Fats: Best choices for Growth and Repair - An eater's guide to healthful protein choices, grams of protein in common protein foods, healthful fat choices.
3) Colorful Complex Carbohydrates: A Rainbow of Cleansing and Protective Foods at Every Meal - choosing your carbohydrates: leafy vegetables, crunchy vegetables, unrefined starches, seasonal fruit, identifying sweeteners, good whole grains.
4) Allergy-Free Eating - Food sensitivities and Health disturbance cycle, dietary recommendations for allergies, creating a diet plan and lifestyle that is more hypoallergenic.
5) How to Gain Energy and Lose Weight - Investigate the relationship between diet, blood sugar, and insulin control in maintaining optimal weight, dysglycemia, the importance of managing stress.
6) Sustainable Nutrition: An Eating for Health Banquet - Farmer's markets, seasonal, local and organic, home cooking from scratch, health goals.
Sliding scale $25 - $40, or 6 classes for $120